Robin F. Bond
Robin Bond, Esquire is a dynamic advocate for her clients. Her substantial and wide-ranging experience as a corporate counsel, private practitioner and entrepreneur enable her to bring a wealth of experience and perspective to each client’s situation. In 2000, Robin founded Transition Strategies, LLC, a law firm whose primary focus is to represent the employee’s best interests in workplace matters. She is known for her ability to help clients negotiate successfully for enhanced pay, perks and protections in both employment contracts and severance agreements, including issues relative to incentive and equity compensation. Throughout her career, Robin has been actively involved in thousands of deals, helping her clients get what they want by providing the right strategic advice, coaching and written legal documents that close complex deals effectively and efficiently, in a win-win manner.
Robin began her career as an Air Force attorney, prosecuting criminal cases and then serving as a legal advisor to the U.S. Air Force Surgeon General’s Staff. Following two in-house counsel positions, she was recruited to become the legal counsel for Hahnemann Hospital, a 750-bed tertiary care nonprofit healthcare organization and medical school in Philadelphia. Robin was recognized nationally for her work in medical staff matters, and for over 10 years was the author of a West publication on that topic. While in-house counsel, she focused on major transactions, and served as lead attorney on numerous mergers and acquisitions, information systems and real estate deals; reviewed, negotiated and drafted employment and other organizational contracts; managed and conducted internal investigations of allegations of wrongful conduct, and was a trusted advisor to the senior management staff.
Since 2015, Robin has been a human resources consultant to NewSpring Capital, a private equity firm. In that capacity, she assists with due diligence efforts relative to acquisitions, and provides general human resources advice to the firm’s more than 50 portfolio companies.
Robin is distinguished by her talent for communicating about complex legal issues in an understandable and accessible manner, and gaining closure where it has proven elusive. These abilities helped Robin create a media presence as a workplace legal commentator for national television and radio programs and print media. She has been quoted on employment law matters in articles in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The New York Post, Forbes, The Boston Globe, The Detroit Free Press, salon.com, Time, monster.com, and careerbuilder.com, among others. In addition to her media work, Robin is a frequent public speaker, providing informative yet entertaining educational programs about the workplace to business people, physicians, attorneys and other professionals.
Robin routinely takes on David vs. Goliath battles on behalf of her clients against some of the most powerful forces in our country.
Robin's Recent Honors + Awards
- Named as a Super Lawyer® in the area of employment law by Philadelphia Magazine and Super Lawyers Magazine 2013-2017
- Named a “Top Employment Lawyer” of the Main Line by Main Line Magazine and Philadelphia Magazine, 2010-2017
- Named an “Awesome Attorney of the Philadelphia Suburbs” by Suburban Life Magazine, 2010-2017.
- Named to Best Attorneys of America, 2015 Rue Ratings Lifetime Charter Member.
- Honored with the 2016 "Veterans of Influence Award" -- honoring former military veterans who make significant contributions to the Philadelphia community, Philadelphia Business Journal.
- Named in 2015 to the Union League of Philadelphia's Hall of Honor.
- Recipient of the 2015 “Human Resources Consultant of the Year Award,” Society of Human Resource Management, Delaware Valley, PA, Chapters.
Robin's Professional Associations
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute – one of the course planners for Pennsylvania’s Annual Employment Law Institute
- Chester County Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Forum of Executive Women. Board of Directors, 2010-2014.
- Vice Chair of the Board of Directors, and a founding member of The Power of Professional Women, a professional organization to advance women, and to include men in that effort, 2016-present.
- Legal Advisor, CEO Trust of New York City
- Member, PNC Bank's Women's Financial Services Network, Advisory Board, 2011 – 2014. Honored as Board Member of the Year, 2013.
UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH
INDIANA UNIVERSITY, BLOOMINGTON
B.A., Journalism, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Minor in Business Administration
- Pennsylvania Bar (active)
- Texas Bar (inactive)
Walter J. Stickley, Jr., Esq.
Walter J. Stickley, Jr., Esquire has been of counsel to the firm since 2006. He is a seasoned corporate attorney with over 20 years of legal experience in the areas of mergers & acquisitions, employment law, antitrust, trade and regulatory law, international law, environmental and land use law, and complex transactions.
Walter’s expertise in diverse industries, and his familiarity with critical areas of law that affect business and commercial litigation, bring a wealth of expertise to clients who are seeking to quickly implement effective strategies that integrate legal, technical and business issues. He is recognized as a business partner who offers a balance of legal expertise, industry experience and common sense, along with an effective leadership style. Walter is also a certified mediator who is frequently retained by corporations to handle conflct resolution in a cost-effective manner.
As Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary of the PQ Corporation, Walter led all legal functions worldwide for this global manufacturer of chemicals and engineered glass materials, including corporate governance, business decision support, planning, regulatory compliance, environmental, labor and employment law, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property management, litigation and international trade compliance. He successfully conducted due diligence reviews and negotiated the purchase of eight businesses, domestic and international, and was a key contributor to the company’s record years of growth.
Juris Doctor, 1981
B.A., Economics, 1978 (Magna Cum Laude)
• Pennsylvania (active)